Sunday, August 28, 2011

Potato and Goat Cheese Salad

I've made this a bunch of different ways - sometimes out of necessity because I don't have an ingredient, sometimes for practical reasons (I leave out the wine for kids) and sometimes because I can't find the recipe and just make it up (I've used sauteed shallots instead of onion).  Any way, though, this is a great mayo-less potato salad recipe and it's about time I put this somewhere I can find it!

2 1/2 pounds cubed potatoes
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 (3-ounce) package goat cheese
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (FYI - the recipe actually calls for "goat's milk fromage blanc," but I have no idea what that is or where to find it)
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (we don't really like tarragon, so I usually use the thyme we have on hand)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced

Preparation

1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. 

2. Combine fromage blanc and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth. 

3. Combine warm potatoes, wine, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss gently. 

4. Add onion, parsley, and goat cheese. 

5. Add fromage blanc mixture to potato mixture; toss gently to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment